"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." (Alma 26.37)

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Hey all!
How was everyone's week? Love you all tons. This week was pretty good for me. I was sick for some of it but it's getting better.

There was one day that we had our weekly planning session and I was just kind of drained at the end of it so we took a short break, but after I woke up, Mori shimai and I decided we should at least go see one of our investigators. We were planning to give him a Book of Mormon that day. So we went and we talked with him for a little bit, and then brought up the Book of Mormon again and started to teach him about it and what it means to us, and at first he kind of made a joke out it and told us we needed to try harder if we wanted to sell this book and that we weren't good salespeople. And we realized that we can't sell anything about this gospel. We aren't professional speakers, and I can't even speak the language that well, but we can share what it means to us. We don't know a lot of things, but we know it was true. He changed completely afterwards and took the book and was flipping through it a lot and said he would read it, and it was just a really happy miracle.

I know the power of the spirit is real and that God loves all his people infinitely. And he has a plan made especially for each of us and that if we trust in his plan and follow him and come closer to him, we will be able to feel that love and happiness and peace. Sometimes when I get stressed or confused I find myself drifting away from where I want to be, but I know that we can always come back. That he beckons us back, that his arms are always, always open.

General conference also helped me learn a lot about what I need to do to become better and happier and more trusting. I learned that I need to find joy, and that I need to know I am a child of God, instead of just believing it. I learned that I need to keep trying and loving and doing what I can and that God blesses us in that effort. And that the first great truth is that God loves us. That God loves me and that God loves you. And I know that that is true!
I love you all! Have a happy week and find joy! Be safe too. ✌
Love you,
Massey shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment