"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." (Alma 26.37)

Monday, May 23, 2016

Hey all!

Okay. I'm not really sure where to start but I got to go on splits with my trainer free shimai! And it was beautiful and brought back a lot of good memories and she is just perfect. 💕
So I guess this week, we had a lot of ups and downs. Some of the miracles that happened this week:
Kobayashi San committed to be baptized and we set a date for her and she feels really good about it! And she had some concerns before about her testimony but she resolved them this week through a really cool moment when she just kind of closed her eyes and imagined Joseph Smith and pondered. That was really cool, and really really humbling too. I think this week in general was just really humbling.

Also on splits Welch shimai and kuta shimai found someone while streeting and it was a total miracle because this now investigator doesn't leave her house very much, but is looking for a church and something to believe in and wants really badly to believe in God. We met her everyday afterwards and she came on church this Sunday too!  She said she would be baptized too and she really wants a second start, which is part of what the gospel promises and it was a blessing to see her feel the spirit as well while watching a video of Christ.  Love her.

And a member has a couple Vietnamese neighbors and invited them to church too so we will try teaching them as well, since they understand Japanese pretty well. They became new investigators on sunday and they were expressing how they really want to learn more about the gospel.

And we prayed a lot this week because we really, really needed it.  Without those prayers, I could not have gotten through some of these days but I'm learning to be grateful for the trials we have and the hard times when we are weak, because without those we wouldn't learn we need God. In life, there will be hard times because life can be hard, but I know with God we will be able to get through it, but more than that that we really can feel joy and love and hope amidst it.  I love this gospel and I'm grateful to be a missionary. And I'm eternally grateful for my companion who helps and strengthens and supports me along the way. Could not do it without her either.

I love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Massey shimai



No comments:

Post a Comment