"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." (Alma 26.37)

Monday, December 14, 2015

Hey all!
Hope you're all doing well. I hear jersey is warm. Hope you're enjoying that haha but hope it still snows on Christmas.

It's really easy to talk about Christ during this season here because the people likecelebrating it but a lot haven't thought about the meaning of it, or that there could be a meaning. It means so much to be able to talk about Christ and the impact he has had on my life.

We have these two young investigators who are our age that we are teaching and that's really exciting. We were teaching them at the same time which kind of made us nervous at first because we've never done that before but it went really well, and when I asked if they knew if it was true, if they would get baptized, they said yes! We didn't set a date but I was so happy to hear that from them. We really feel like we can relate to them too and we desire the same things in life and are going through similar experiences, so it's a blessing to be able to teach them.

I gave a talk at church for the first time in Japanese this Sunday!  That was a little stressful but I think it ended up okay. It was a homecoming for a missionary who just got home from a mission called Adriatic north I think. He's American but grew up partially in Japan and Germany so he speaks like 6 languages now. It's やばいよ。

We also sang as a ward and with one of our investigators to a nursing home for blind people after church. That was really special.

I love my ward! I love the people and being able to feel the love God has for them! As I work harder and pray, I can better see the hand of the lord in my life and that is amazing. Missionary work amazes me everyday and I've already changed so much in this short time. It makes me sad that my time with free shimai is coming to an end but I'm also excited for the opportunity to see more miracles and see other people find more happiness in coming to Christ.

I love you all! Thanks for all your love and all that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment