"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." (Alma 26.37)

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year!

Hey all!
It's been a little while haha. Our pday was changed to New Year's Day since it's such a big holiday in Japan and people spend it with their families. Yesterday we read the Book of Mormon all day and that was really cool! I learned a lot and really felt grateful for the Book of Mormon and all the sacrifices the prophets in it went through to get it to us, that we can know how to get closer to Jesus Christ and comehome to live with God again. Tomorrow is an all day cleaning day. And the members here are so kind and are feeding us a ton this week and ton last week even too! When members feed us, they don't do it really often like in America but when they do feed us they go all out. I gained a little weight I think but maybe it will keep me warmer hehe.
Also it snowed a ton! We were walking to the other sisters in suehiro's apartment for splits and we took a detour but we went through a path that wasn't shoveled and the snow came up to my hip! We were kind of scared we wouldn't be able to get out but it was really fun haha. My tights were all white at the end and we left puddles all over their apartment. Oops.
Christmas was really magical. We had a little extra time after planning for Christmas Eve so we took baths and ate mochi and yuzucha at night. It was the best Christmas ever. We made sushi for lunch and got sushi for dinner and aside from skyping my family on Christmas Day, we dendoed all day. People here don't really think much of Christmas and a lot of people still go to work, but we felt a special spirit that day for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment