"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." (Alma 26.37)

Monday, October 31, 2016

Oct 17, 2016

Hello!!

I hope you're all doing well.
I'm sorry for not writing last week. I'm doing good and were quite happy here in shinkotoni. Rigby shimai is perfect. It's been a little hard finding people lately so please pray so that we'll find people who need the gospel and who are prepared to receive it ๐Ÿ˜Š


So a lot happened this week, with general conference, interviews with kaicho, and a mission conference, and I've been able to receive a lot of guidance for myself and for our investigators so that was a huge blessing. From conference I loved president nelson's talk about finding joy in any circumstance, and that when we are focused on the joy we can go through anything. That is something I've forgotten on my mission at times, when the situation is hard. But I'm grateful for a God and a savior who has prepared the way for all of us to feel that joy now and forever.
And elder bednar and elder yamashita from the seventy came as well and spoke to us! I don't know how to sum it all into words because it was so much more than words. The part I most needed I think though was when he told us not to beat ourselves up. He focused on the sisters and told us that we do 9 things perfect and one thing not, and we focus on that one thing that was good but not perfect. But he also said that doing this gets in the way. And it is completely unnecessary. He was super bold, but I felt a lot of comfort that day. I want to share something he told us that day: "Be good. Not perfect, just good."

No comments:

Post a Comment