"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." (Alma 26.37)

Monday, August 29, 2016

Hey everyone!

I love you guys ❤️

A lot happened this week, but probably the highlight was getting to see a less active member again. This transfer we've starting meeting with her and it's so cool to see Gods hand in her life.  So we met her for the first time at the temple open house, and a member introduced us. We've been trying to see her forever but she was never home. And then Aoyama shimai and I visited her for the first time and one of her member friends from a neighboring ward was there at the same time in her home, and it was her first time seeing her in like 4 years too. And then we went again just in time for her daughters birthday and were able to serve her. And then the third time we went on the exact day the elder who taught and baptized her 16 years ago came to visit from America. So we gave her a lesson invite and invited her to let her daughter hear the lessons too and she said yes, that was what she wants!! So now we can teach her 9 year old daughter too and prepare her for baptism!

One reason I love being a missionary is that you can really feel the love God has for His children. And you get to see his children progress and come closer to Christ and be happier.

Also Saturday was really crazy. We planned everything out the night before right, but then we start heading out to the area we planned to go to and Aoyama shimai feels that it's wrong and we shouldn't go. So we go back a little and pray and don't know what to do. So we pray again and we both feel like we should go see a member in our ward who is elderly. And it was one of the strongest promptings I've felt so I was worried she wasn't okay, and she didn't open her door, but we wanted to make sure she was okay so we went inside because the door wasn't locked. Lol. And we looked around but she wasn't home. So in the end I guess we intruded into her house, but with really good intentions! She ended up being perfectly okay! And the rest of the day followed similarly as we kept praying for what to do next, and in the end when we came home the outcome wasn't what we expected or hoped, but we knew that we followed Gods will that day, and in the end that is why we are here! Sometimes I get confused when things don't go according to my expectations, or we don't meet our goals, but I know God is in command and as long as we are doing his will, then we are succeeding.

I love you all! Have a great week!!

 Love
 Massey shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment