"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen." (Alma 26.37)

Monday, November 30, 2015

Hey everyone!
Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! I sure am thankful for all of you.
We had transfer calls but we're both staying in asahikawa!! Yay!! I love this place so much. It's the second biggest city in Hokkaido but it really isn't big at all. It's very comfortable. People say this area gets the most snow and we sure have gotten some of it! We got about a foot. Some of it melted but what baffles me the most is that they don't really plow the roads or shovel the sidewalks so it's kind of treacherous to walk around. But it's been fun. I fell twice haha (はずかしい) but that was fun too.
Today is the birthday of another elder who is serving in my ward. On the way to his apartment, while we were running since time is always limited as a missionary, I fell and popped the only balloon we had. So embarrassing. We didn't run after that haha. Sister free had a cake in her hand and we were like clugging along in our winter boots. I'm sure it was a fun sight for the people around us!

Also there's this sweet potato truck that goes around kind of like an ice cream truck, but sells delicious sweet potatoes. It is our dream to eat from one since it's supposed to be so good and we got really close but couldn't find which street it was driving on. It sings in a really deep voice about sweet potato. It's really weird but strangely enchanting.

On a more serious note though, This week was kind of hard. Lately I've been getting down on myself. I've felt so incredibly happy since I've come out, but then I started wondering why and if I was serious enough about the work and my ability as a missionary. But I think I took it a little too far and got really discouraged. The other day was really hard and honestly I felt like a failure. It is hard for me to feel gods love when I feel like that, so I've been praying really hard this week. I've also been repenting every day this week to try and purify my heart more and that's helped me. I'm still figuring it out, but on Sunday during sacrament meeting I really felt gods love for me again. I missed that feeling and felt bad that I had forgotten it. In the end, I know that God loves me and I'm grateful that he's looking out for me and for everyone. I'm grateful for the atonement and that his hands are always open, pleading for us to come back.
We also met with a non active we found in old records which was really exciting. We click really well and I love her so much. I want her to come back to church because coming to church makes me happy and brightens my day through feeling the spirit.
I'm out of time again but I love you all! Have a great week this week!

My address is here if you want to send me anything!

Sapporo shi chuo-Ku
Kita 2 Jo nishi 24-1-25
Hokkaido Japan

Love,
Massey shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment